Monday, July 18, 2005

Catching Up!!!!!

Wow!! So its been well over a week since I posted anything, and now it is going to take me awhile to get back up to date so you will all have to be patient. I have lots of pictures to post but I may not get to it all tonight, as I have to get some sleep. The kids have been keeping me up at night (surprise, surprise), but I have to get some rest tonight because tomorrow I am going out with my mentor, and oldest friend.
A week ago Friday we went for lunch at the Manor House in Little Tew,and the girls got to play in the garden. It brought back very fond memories for me of playing in that very garden myself, just the smells of the house and the garden took me back 25 years!!! The owner of the house just turned 91 at the end of June, but you would never know it, she is exactly as I remember her and I haven't seen her since 1992!!!! Here are some pictures of the girls playing in the garden.








As children, Nancy used to send us out to the green house to see how many passion flowers had bloomed. Much to my delight, there was one in bloom while we were there,so of course I had to get a picture of it.


This rocking horse used to live in the study, but has since moved. I used to spend hours riding him and pretending that he was real. I was very pleased to see him.

We had a very nice lunch and it was so nice to my children playing somewhere that holds so many special memories for me. I have video of the girls rolling down the grass hill at the Manor House as well, but I am having technical issues so will post it at another time.

2 comments:

Starfisheez said...

I'm happy that you were able to revisit so many memories, and sharing them with your children is a treat. Morgan and Paige looked as if they really had a wonderful time playing in the garden. It kind of reminds me of something out of Alice in Wonderland, Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I can smell the Manor House just from those pictures! Be thankfull the Pear tree hasn't got any fruit yet ;)