Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Update

Morgan had her first experience of heartbreak last week. A boy in her class whom she was very close with (although I must say more last year than this) moved away on Friday. We had tears all weekend. She is such a sensitive one (underneath the bubbly facade) and was really quite sad. She's feeling much better on that front but stayed home from school today because she wasn't feeling well. The teacher said she had a really "off" day yesterday so I let her stay home today. Hopefully after a good night's sleep she will be right as rain.

Paigie has school tomorrow and I am duty mum. It was quite cute on Monday when I went to leave she came running for a hug; and so did her best friend. Her teacher told me last week what a nice person Paige is. That was so nice to hear given all the tantrums (although they have been a bit better of late).

Miss Ella has me stumped. I have this sippy cup that reminds me of a bottle (the top is silicone and squishy rather than hard plastic) and she has never really taken anything from it. I used to pump on a regular basis in the hopes that she would take fluids from somewhere other than me, but with no luck. So I got frustrated pumping and tried water, and when she was old enough, watered down juice. Still no joy. She would take a bit, and spill most out the side of her right lip. The plastic surgeon even told me that it was because she couldn't get good enough suction. Well I gave her warmed up cow's milk this week, and she took it; without spilling! I've even been trying to get her to take a straw with no luck. So it seems that she likes milk! Or maybe also because she is getting older. She even went to bed twice this week with only having drunk from the cup, no nursing! So it looks as if I may be able to wean her in the near future! Although surprisingly enough, for all my bitching about wanting to have her weaned by a year (or near abouts), now that she is starting to take a cup I feel a little bittersweet about the whole thing. I guess knowing that she really is the last....


Well I'm off, Kev is out of town and I'm quite tired. Friday is a PA day so Morgan is off, need to figure out something fun to do with them. We have to get up early anyway on Friday
to take Belle into the vets to be spayed.

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

aw, heartbreak...there will be more! :( Give her a big hug from me :D It's nice hearing such positive things about P-Pie. She's a "one", but a very special "one", and Bean...well, she just has high standards ;P
It's nice to know all three have their own funny little quirks :)
xoxoxox
A-S

Anonymous said...

I hear you -- I was always told, "you don't wean the baby, you wean yourself" -- one kind of closeness ends, others arise. Hoping Belle has an easy time of it at the vet this week.