Sunday, June 17, 2007

More life lessons

Morgan learned another difficult life lesson this week. For the first time (that she knew of; I'm sure there have been other instances) she was excluded from a classmates birthday party. Although she wasn't devastated by this, she was certainly upset!
The problem is that Morgan spends the majority of her social time at school with kids who aren't in her class. Morgan is camping right now with Kev, Devin, and Mark so couldn't have gone to this birthday anyways, but I know that she felt her to be excluded, especially I think since this person came to her party. Its hard when the kids that you socialize with aren't in your class.
These lessons are character building I suppose, but I wish I could shield her from these bruised feelings!!!! I'm so proud of the fact that Morgan isn't a sheep, and that she plays with the people that she wants to be with and isn't pressured to follow the crowd!

1 comment:

Country Parson said...

As you say, these experiences build character. But that is easy to say for us!