Tuesday, June 05, 2007

RANT




I know that they say that you are only given what you can handle, but a little tiny break in the chaos that is my life would really be appreciated. It has been one thing after another since the end of March break when the pox broke out in our house. It's been big things too. But I should have foreseen something else happening. I had to go and open my big mouth when I had Ella at the pediatrician's yesterday. The receptionist and I were chatting, saying how a little break without anything happening would be really nice. BIG MISTAKE!

The kids were all in bed and asleep (which is a miracle in itself these days), and I was sitting on the couch stitching (you read right GS - I actually sat down and stitched, I even finished that section that was giving me trouble - so it should be clear sailing now), and Kev went up for a shower. A few minutes later I heard a very strange noise in the kitchen. When I went to investigate there was water dripping - well more like pouring, out of a pot light in the kitchen. After further investigation which involved the ripping of bathroom walls, it looks like we have quite a problem on our hands. Kevin is optimistic that he can repair it without gutting the whole bathroom, but being a rather old house I'm not quite so sure. BOOGA certainly springs to mind!!!!

On a happier note, the girls had their gymnastics recital on Sunday, and it went really well. I don't really have pictures to post though. The camera is about to give up the ghost I think, so I'm waiting for a certain someone to send me hers so that I can put them up.

Ella had a good appointment with the pediatrician. Nothing even to report - all is well and we go back in 3 months. We did see the allergist, but I'll make that a separate post when I get a minute as it is a long explanation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel Allie... as remember not that long ago it happened to us lol...

As for the pictures i will send them to you as soon as I find a free minute in my busy schedule lol... I too have a video clip of Morgan on the vault that you could post.

Luv Ya

Anonymous said...

VERY FEW things more dismaying than the running of water where it oughtn't, in the home. even the SOUND of it is "panic stations." We had a downpour last summer, 8 cm of rain in 1.5 hr, and our 40-year old roof...was unequal to it...thank God for wet/dry vacs!
I shall say some words on behalf of OTIUM, TEDIUM, and all like that... much much love,
yer ant.

Starfisheez said...

Unfortunately I think it's just the "Smith Luck"... You've lived in Calgary, so you know how the weather can be a little unpredictable (to say the least)... Tuesday evening we had a storm that rolled through causing flash flooding in my neighbourhood that caused the invisible crack in the foundation to take on water, which coincidentally needed a place to go so our apartment flooded inside the walls and popped the baseboards off two walls in the bathroom. Good news, New bathroom and kitchen for us!!! bad news, more rain in the forecast before they can fix the major problems :( Wish us luck as I illbe wishing you guys with the leaky bathroom walls at your place. Love to you all.