Tuesday, November 07, 2006

One frustrated Mama

Man! Things are wicked busy around here as usual. Kev has a new job which is really exciting. He was away last week, and is away this week also, but after that will be home for a bit.

The kids are driving me nuts!!!! Paige is into wicked temper tantrums during which she is completely irrational. This is getting to be very trying, and I'm starting to lose my cool. I usually handle it okay, but it is happening on a daily basis. Morgan's thing at the moment is to not do what I ask, resulting in lots of yelling because we are always rushing (even though I leave them plenty of time). Ella is now very mobile (which is fun) and into everything.

So I'm feeling a bit bit stretched and needing to vent. I feel like the calmer I try to be with them, the more they push, until I blow my lid and feel like crap for yelling at them. I know its all about limits and how hard one can push, but man!

We saw the plastic surgeon at Sick Kids two weeks ago I guess it was. He says that Ella DOES NOT have Moebius Syndrome, which I had kind of suspected. His diagnosis is something called Hemifacial Microsomia. I'm still doing research on it, but you'll find lots of info on google. He will see her again in 18 mths to see how things are progressing. There is a lot that he can't know until she is old enough to communicate with us about what kind of feeling she has. If surgery is to be done it will be when she is five or so.

Halloween went well, but I don't have many pictures because I forgot the camera at Morgan's school. Luckily it was still there the next day. I'll post them when I get a chance. Gotta run and get Morgan, I'll post more soon.

End rant ;)

1 comment:

Daniel Fisher said...

Hey, there. I have Moebius Syndrome and from the sounds of Hemifacial Microsomia, they're pretty different conditions.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know!

Daniel Fisher
Portland, Oregon
danielwfisher@gmail.com