Monday, March 27, 2006

Of doctors, potties, and life!


Last week was quite the week!

Paige had a horrible cold (actually she still has it, and the rest of us are fighting it), and was extremely miserable. But in the midst of her cold; she has potty trained herself, is wearing “big girl panties” and just a pull-up at night. What a star!!!!!

Ella had a busy week as well. We saw the plastic surgeon on Monday. She is a really nice lady, which was a relief after my great dislike for the paediatrician that we have to see. She told me that Ella’s ear and facial palsy are related, and probably occurred during development. She couldn’t really tell me exactly what is going on though. Ella needs a CT scan to see exactly what is going on. The discouraging thing was that she doesn’t think that it is something that will resolve itself, and that Ella will require surgery when she is older. Also I have to tape her eye shut when she is sleeping so that she doesn’t do any damage to that eye. The only problem is that the tape is really irritating her skin. Any suggestions???? It has to be taped though; she can’t have a patch because the eye-lid itself has to be shut so that her eye doesn’t dry out. So the next step is to wait for a call from the hospital with her appointment. We saw the family doctor on Friday, and Ella weighed 6 lbs 15 oz!!!!! Little piggy is growing very nicely. Also this weekend for the first time Ella looked at me with real recognition, and grinned at me. I totally melted.

In the midst of colds, potty training, doctors appointments, and just plain life; Miss Morgan came home from school with head lice. Now this is a bullet that we have been dodging ever since she started school last year, as the school is full of it. From what I’ve heard, 40% of the school is infested. What a pain!!! Morgan was an absolute star through the whole thing!!!! She is also being such a big help to me with the little ones.

Other than that, I am feeling much better physically, almost back to normal I’d say. I’m just trying to figure out a new routine; and learning to deal with the fact that I can’t get as much done as I used to. Actually I’m doing pretty well with that, as long as everyone is clean, fed and have clean clothes to wear we’re doing well. The vacuuming can wait. I’m hoping maybe the collie will figure out how to use it, since she is the biggest contributor of hair!!!

Well I’m off. It is a beautiful sunny spring morning, and we are off to a slow relaxed start which is kind of nice. Daddy is out of town this week, so it is just us girls. I’ll try to take some pictures of the girls this week.

Xoxo to all.

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

Good luck with everything!
I guess each girl want to do something to grab a bit of mummy's attention, eh?
All my support to you guys!
Lots of Love
xoxox

Country Parson said...

We're thinking of you all the way from England! What a busy family! We are delighted to hear how Ella is growing, and will watch the medical and surgical progress with interest. Let's hope that the Cold Bug goes and stays away, and that the Lice Fairy snatches everything and takes it somswhere far.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and hugs to Paige on the "big-girl panties" development. Life is so much easier with just ONE in diapers, I do remember. Keeping you all in my prayers, daily.